My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com.They convinced me that they were from Apple and gave them permission to access to my Mac.

While they were accessed to my Mac, they asked me to go to my PC and they accessed to my PC as well. They were keep telling me that I attacked by Nigerian hackers and had malware. They asked me to sign up service agreement for $99 one time for a year so that they can block foreign IP attacks. They installed their application to my Mac.

They asked me to enter my credit card info while they are still monitoring my screen. My brother refused this and asked them if they are from Apple. They said confidently "yes" they were frome APPLE and they open a word file on my screen and asked me to authorized my credit card for them. At that moment my brother said hang up now and I did.

So, they kept calling us for an hour. At the same time we contacted REAL Apple.com customer service and they said they never give screen warnings to call them to resolve the issue and they do not know about this company at all. Real Apple technician that I got the number from apple.com help me to clean everything that this third party company installed. According the apple technician they used malware called "search.geniuen.com" to place the warning and hacked the computer.

Please, I want you to be aware of this. IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE AFTER FROZE SCREEN AND IF IT SAYS CALL APPLE SUPPORT. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER AND PAY SERVICE FEE. Because Apple never charges for service.

Go to apple.com and find customer technical service number. They will for sure ask you your apple products serial number and tell you about your product. Those are real apple people.

They never use third party access software such as "teamviewer".Apple technicians has built-in connection tool that they access your apple product with serial number with your permission and they never control they just tell you what to do with a red arrow.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Geek Technician?

Comments

Oakland, California, United States #966147

so how did you end up getting your warning off your screen, my Safari is hacked.

Thanks for the warning, I was suspicious as well when they asked for $$

Had the same message today...but I was *** enough to do it...now I'm trying to get my $99.99 baac with my credit card and am talking to Microsoft to help me get it straightened out..always thought I was smarter than this, but got duped today, while I was doing it I kept having this nagging feeling that it wasn't right..don't fall for it like I did...Beware of any message on your computer from the brand you have!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geek Technicians!!