My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com.They convinced me that they were from Apple and gave them permission to access to my Mac.
While they were accessed to my Mac, they asked me to go to my PC and they accessed to my PC as well. They were keep telling me that I attacked by Nigerian hackers and had malware. They asked me to sign up service agreement for $99 one time for a year so that they can block foreign IP attacks. They installed their application to my Mac.
They asked me to enter my credit card info while they are still monitoring my screen. My brother refused this and asked them if they are from Apple. They said confidently "yes" they were frome APPLE and they open a word file on my screen and asked me to authorized my credit card for them. At that moment my brother said hang up now and I did.
So, they kept calling us for an hour. At the same time we contacted REAL Apple.com customer service and they said they never give screen warnings to call them to resolve the issue and they do not know about this company at all. Real Apple technician that I got the number from apple.com help me to clean everything that this third party company installed. According the apple technician they used malware called "search.geniuen.com" to place the warning and hacked the computer.
Please, I want you to be aware of this. IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE AFTER FROZE SCREEN AND IF IT SAYS CALL APPLE SUPPORT. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER AND PAY SERVICE FEE. Because Apple never charges for service.
Go to apple.com and find customer technical service number. They will for sure ask you your apple products serial number and tell you about your product. Those are real apple people.
They never use third party access software such as "teamviewer".Apple technicians has built-in connection tool that they access your apple product with serial number with your permission and they never control they just tell you what to do with a red arrow.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Technical Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I run an ticket agency and was looking for a cost effective solution for my customers. I was sold with the webinar and our scheduled calls, they had a very..."
- "Yes, what appeared to be a low key soft spoken software programmer for www.carnisoft.com & www.NoveltyPhotoSoftware.com stole $2500 from a business investment acquaintance who approached him over 2.5..."
- "Avast's free trial is a scam! (It took a lot of my time to figure out how this scam works). To avoid getting sued by Avast, I stipulate that..."
- "As the other complaints mention, Mor Furniture convinced us to purchase the warranty on our new leather furniture. When we an unidentifible stain /damage arose, Guardsman put me through..."
- "I called GE Monogram customer care at 800-444-1845 and scheduled a service call for a fridge that was not working correctly. The fridge cost $8,000 and is..."
- "This crook insisted that I pay him upfront and poured me a driveway that chipped, flaked and cracked after 2 weeks! I called him over and over again and requested..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."